StoneGate Senior Living, LLC is headquartered in Lewisville, Texas and provides support services to over 35 senior care communities located in Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma. StoneGate Senior Living seeks a talented Staff Accountant to perform complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing various financial statements, records and reports. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparing, reviewing and verifying monthly general ledger and standard journal entries, supporting schedules, income and balance sheet statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports for multiple facilities, all in accordance with GAAP and company practices
- Researching and resolving problems pertaining to financial reporting systems
- Analyzing financial reports and records and making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance with company procedures and policies
- Communicating effectively with the facilities, internal departments and peers
- General accounting duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Public Accounting and/or Long Term Care experience is a big plus but not required
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems, preferably JD Edwards experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail-oriented and flexible, with good communication skills, strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- The creativity, drive and commitment to contribute to a culture of quality that is reflected in superior outcomes and client satisfaction