McGrath RentCorp (NASDAQ - MGRC) is a business-to-business rental company consisting of five divisions serving the U.S. and global markets. Our financial track record and strength is impressive, including having raised our dividend to shareholders for 26 consecutive years.
Staff Accountant: Located at the Corporate Accounting offices in Livermore, California and reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Accountant is a key member of the Corporate Accounting Team. The successful candidate will combine the following talents:
- Bachelors degree or higher in accounting or related major desired
- At least 1 year of general transactional accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- General ledger account analysis, month-end close and reconciliation experience
- Excel knowledge to create adhoc spreadsheets using basic excel functions and formulas
- Assist with preparing schedules and documentation for external auditing firm
- Use and application of standard GAAP principles, theories and concepts a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Proven dedication to internal and external customer service
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Able to use sound and accurate decision making skills
- Proven, highly productive team player with the ability to multitask and to prioritize to meet deadlines and changing needs
- Work with the other members of the Accounting team to ensure the completion of timely and accurate monthly general ledger closes in a publicly traded, multi-company, multi-division, multi-branch environment.
- Perform all necessary reconciliations to GL and other systems.
- Maintain responsibility for assigned general ledger transactions. Ensure accurate and timely reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts. Work with transactional groups as needed to ensure that any required “fixes” are understood and accomplished promptly.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned
Special Considerations: The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check and drug test. A motor vehicle record will be processed if the position requires that you drive for the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision