The ideal candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. This candidate must bring analytical and organizational skills to best support the accounting team.
· Oversee AP and AR staff and work closely with Payroll, Treasury, and Finance functions.
· Responsible for the overall accuracy of the general ledger, including ownership of all activities related to the monthly/quarterly/annual close process.
· Assist in accurate & timely preparation of journal entries.
· Prepare various account reconciliations and reports related to the close, including complex inventory analysis.
· Prepare various management and executive financial reports and analysis.
· Review and approve Accounts Payable functions, including vendor invoice entry, check runs, invoice aging review, and annual 1099 issuance.
· Work closely with the treasury on frequent cash flow analysis to manage payables and other obligations.
· Perform royalty income postings and analysis.
· File and/or provide information to accountants to file sales tax, VAT, and other miscellaneous tax returns for all legal entities.
· Aids in the establishment of internal control policies and operating procedures.
· Works cross-functionally with other departments to increase financial reporting accuracy.
· Special projects, as deemed necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in footwear or apparel wholesale industry
· Must have experience with inventory accounting and management
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills a must
· Full Circle experience a plus
· CPA designation is a plus
· Ability to research and discuss accounting and reporting issues
· Must have a high degree of accuracy, very detail-oriented
· Good time management skills, priority setting
· Strong communication and leadership skillset
· Adaptable, flexible in a changing environment
· Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports