Job Title: Staff Accountant
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The primary focus of this position will be cost and inventory accounting along with improving data integrity. This function will support the maintenance, set up and review of standard cost on a periodic basis along with inventory and inter-company reconciliations. This position will be responsibility for reporting variances and inventory results on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. This position will be responsible for tracking and reporting capital spending. This position will assist the A/P Coordinator with the processing of inventory vouchers. This position will be responsible for reviewing the month end results. This position will be responsible for the administration of manufacturing hourly and non-exempt payroll processing. This position will assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closings. Prepares accounting reports.
1. Maintain, set up and review of standard cost on a daily, monthly and yearly basis in AS400 and Oracle.
2. Maintain and track open purchase order commitments and actual spending for capital projects.
3. Reconcile and report on variances relative to inventory (inter-system transactions, PPV, cyclical, job variance) on a monthly basis.
4. Provide inventory control of on-line inventories (WIP, REC, Inter-company transfers, Stores).
5. Assist Finance Manager with the month-end close. Prepare journal entries for AS400, enter all journal entries for Oracle, and assist with the review and research of plant results.
6. Assist the A/P Coordinator with processing of vouchers for inventory purchases.
7. Track and publish reports on capital spending.
8. Ensure that all shipping notices are processed correctly.
9. Support the monthly, quarterly and annual budget and forecast processes.
10. Reporting of weekly labor hour worksheets (Actual, Standard, Direct and Indirect).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Three to five years of cost accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with AS400, Oracle, Kronos Payroll, Khalix, Hyperion and Pillar is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Focused Competencies: Customer Focus, Team Player, Drive for Results and Political Savviness.
- High degree of oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with budgeting and/or forecasting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with inventory transactions and management in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience desired.
Posting Closes 6/3/19
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Medical, Database, Mid-Range, Oracle, Accounting, Healthcare, Technology, Finance