Location: New York, NY
Provide accounting support within the accounting organization. The accountant will perform the month end close to include journal entries, account reconciliation, and analytics within the established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare month end journal entries in support of the business activity
* Perform month and quarter end account reconciliations
* Assist internal and external quarterly and year end audits
* Responsible for monthly review of financial results and preparation of analysis as needed
* Monthly and quarterly communication with Finance and business liaisons to ensure quality of financial results
* Quarterly presentation of balance sheet with Controller and Finance
* Participating in process improvements and one-off projects as needed
* Available to provide assistance throughout the accounting organization as needed
* BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field
* 0-3 years accounting
Requirements and General Skills:
* Strong understanding of GAAP and ability to execute operationally
* Strong analytical skills and reconcilation experience
* Highly detailed oriented and organized in work
* Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from Manager to meet objectives
* Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects
* Good project management and planning skills
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Access a plus
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled