The staff accountant will have responsibility for monthly close process for assigned areas and for inventory and special projects as assigned. Responsibilities include preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, analysis of monthly operating results, forecasts and analysis related to inventory and purchases, and special projects as requested.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned.
- Prepare monthly reports and analysis as assigned.
- Conduct system testing of financial applications as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Two to five years of work experience in inventory and general ledger accounting is preferred.
- Experience with integrated accounting ERP software preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to research issues, collect data, and draw valid conclusions is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to work independently on assignments or projects, while working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects or tasks concurrently, while prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to monitor sales tax due dates and file returns on a timely basis.
- Ability to interact with other ministry teams such as warehouse and duplication staff in a proactive, constructive manner.
- Strong skills and proficient at using Microsoft Excel, intermediate and advanced functions.
- Experience with or ability to learn financial enterprise resource planning systems.
- Good organizational skills are a necessity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used in general accounting, manufacturing, and inventory.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computer, calculator, facsimile, telephone, copier and printers.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a desk and/or computer for a minimum of 7.5 hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must be able to walk or move to and from various conference or meeting room locations throughout ministry buildings.
- Must be able to travel as needed, a minimum of two weeks per year, to support conventions and meetings.
- Must be able to travel by airplane
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must have the ability to give, receive, and quickly analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must be organized and detailed.
- Must be task and goal oriented with minimum supervision required.
- Must be able to strategize and think analytically.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have a good command of the English language.
- Must adapt well and react favorably to changing work situations and be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must relate and interact favorably with people across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Works in a secured office environment
- Born again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension and division
- Must maintain a good attendance record