The Staff Accountant is a key member of the accounting team who supports the General Office and the operating divisions of Lynden International. This position will provide financial accounting and analytical support for all Lynden International companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Performs general accounting functions related to period closing, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations such as cash, prepaids, and various liability accounts. Works with other departments to clear reconciling items.
- Prepares financial (both domestic and international) and non-financial reports through Oracle EBS to meet management requirements. Reviews and analyzes financial statements to ensure accuracy.
- Performs monthly analytical reviews on financial statements. Recommends improvements accordingly.
- Assists with various departmental needs and other corporate financial requirements.
- International Accounting knowledge preferred, including foreign currency accounting skills, but not required.
- Experience with intercompany accounting and consolidations preferred but not required.
Four year accounting degree and minimum one to three years of related professional experience.
Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
Ability to problem solve, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Strong communications skills required.
Analytical skills and experience required.
Experience with spreadsheet applications on PC, especially Excel, Word & Access or other database programs.
Oracle EBS experience preferred.
Ability to meet all required deadlines.
Possible need for in-office time for training.