$18.64 - $23.31 HR/DOE
Our mission at Catholic Community Services is to serve all people, especially the poor and most vulnerable, with compassion, love and respect. The Tahoma Family Center, housed in the renovated St. Leo High School Building in the heart of Tacoma's Hilltop Neighborhood, is the hub for more than 25 different programs. By carefully integrating our services with those of other agencies in the community, we are able to mend broken lives and nourish self-sufficiency within individuals and families throughout Pierce County.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and Payroll.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify Check Requests (Purchase Orders)
- Accompanied by an original invoice
- Authorized per Agency policies prior to payment
- Prepare Check Printing
- Ensure Amount and Payee agree to supporting documentation
- Determine proper program distribution and general ledger classification
- 1099 MIS tax report: Determine vendor’s 1099 status to maintain appropriate documents, ensure the accuracy of 1099 status coding in accounts payable system, complete 1099 & 1096 reports annually for submission to vendors.
- Reconcile accounts payable subsidiary report to the General Ledger Control Account monthly.
- Identify and resolve reconciling items
- Facilitate the resolution of differences between purchase orders and vendor statements
- Working directly with vendors
- Maintain employee payroll records in ADP
- Including cost center distribution
- Rate of pay
- Withholding allowance
- Payroll deductions
- Net pay distributions
- Validate pay data entries and employee changes before sending information to ADP to generate pay checks
- Maintain data entry of hourly and salaried information to ADP for current period payroll checks
- Transmit to ADP
- Review and verify ADP payroll reports for accuracy prior to payroll check distribution
- Reconcile salary, benefits, payroll taxes and other deductions from ADP reports to the general ledger after each payroll.
- Prepare General Ledger journal entry from ADP reports for salaries, benefits, and taxes
- Determine proper program and general ledger distribution pursuant to agency policies
- Audit & reconcile GL accounts on a regular basis
- Determine agency liability for unemployment and L&I using ADP reports
- Provide information to CCS of Western Washington
- Accrued vacation adjustments
- Reconcile accrued vacation balances to the general ledger monthly
- Retirement Benefits
- Balance retirement accounts monthly
- Prepare and accrue liabilities for monthly closing to produce financial statements
- Annual Regional Office Audit
- Assist in providing information related to accounts payable, cash disbursements and expenses
- Assume any other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned.
- Prepare billing documents and invoices for submission to various funding sources. Ensure timely submission of invoices to facilitate agency cash flow. Maintain, prepare, and/or collect data necessary to prepare accurate and timely billings.
- Post/code deposit information to the accounts receivable subsidiary ledger. Follow up on payment discrepancies with the various funding sources. Monitor receivable balances and issue refunds pursuant to agency policy.
- Review invoices/billing documents for compliance with contract requirements related to revenue reimbursement. Tracks and monitors receipt of authorizations required by funding sources. Prepares information for programs to facilitate the authorization process.
- Maintain billing and cash receipt files.
- Maintain aged receivables listing. Ensure the Accounting Director and Program Managers receive accurate and timely reports on a monthly basis for management decision making purposes. Monitor aged receivables and facilitate the collection of past due accounts. Provide billing and payment history information to program staff upon request.
- Maintain accurate client history information of billings and cash receipts through the subsidiary accounts receivable system.
- Reconcile receivable, cash receipt, and revenue balances to the general ledger on a monthly basis and resolve any reconciling items in a timely manner. Prepare and post accounts receivable, cash receipt, and revenue journal entries to the general ledger.
- Write off past due accounts as requested and approved by the Accounting Director or Program Manager.
- Assist in providing information related to receivables, cash receipts and revenue for the annual regional office’s audit.
- Assumes any other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned.
- AA in Accounting or related field
- Two years experience working in the accounting field
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a team
- Strong computer skills especially in Windows, Excel, Access and accounting software packages like MAS 200, and ADP
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a busy/diverse environment
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with MAS200 accounting software.
- Experience with ADP payroll software
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
Please go to https://careers-ccsww.icims.com/
to submit your resume, cover letter and application for this position