Location: Washington, D.C.
Provide accounting support for Cash within the accounting organization. The accountant will perform the month end close to include journal entries, account reconciliation, and analytics within the established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in daily cash operational controls
* Prepare month end journal entries in support of the business activity;
* Perform month end reconciliations of all related balance sheet accounts;
* Provide accounting and analytical support;
* Provide support and work closely with other members of the team in support of the month end accounting close;
* Communicate on a regular basis with finance team and business liaisons to ensure that the accounting is consistent with the business;
* Streamline and improve current processes to achieve efficiency and best practices;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
* BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
* 0-2 years accounting experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Strong understanding of GAAP and ability to execute operationally
* Strong analytical skills and reconcilation experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly detailed oriented and organized in work
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, to meet assigned deadlines
* Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from Manager to meet objectives
* Ability to interact and work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels
* Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects
* Good project management and planning skills
* Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Experience with working with large amounts of data in Excel and Access a plus
* Knowledge of Oracle software preferred.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled