Burns & McDonnell is a company made up of more than 7,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and entrepreneurs with offices across the country and throughout the world. Burns & McDonnell is 100 percent employee-owned and is proud to be on Fortune’s 2020 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Burns & McDonnell has exciting opportunities for Architects interested in growing their careers in one of the most fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building design and construction. Project focus would be mission-critical data center projects. This opportunity hires directly into that team and into an industry of more than $17 billion. Data Centers are an aggressive market for Burns & McDonnell and are highlighted by several priority articles on our site.
- Assist project teams and works on a variety of design projects from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Developing, modify, and review production drawings for healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, and governmental and military facilities.
- Assist in the development of interiors based on client vision and architectural needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture industry.
- Manage data complied as required by the project managers.
- Prepare and present client presentations, shop drawing review, and construction administration.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture from accredited program is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Prefer previous experience in healthcare, aerospace, military, airport, and institutional facility related experience.
- Ability to work across disciplines of Architecture, Structural, and MEP.
- Licensed as a registered architect in the state in which the office is located.
- Must have ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
- Expert software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, and Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.