Staff Automotive Quality Engineer
This is a customer-facing, hands-on role in Automotive Quality & Reliability Engineering. The key responsibilities are to work seamlessly with various organization at company headquarter and its supply base to manage qualification, audits, PPAP documentation, customer problem resolution, and corrective and preventive actions as needed to promote PI product in the Automotive market. Responsibility includes interfacing directly with customers, in responding to requests and managing customer expectations and quality concerns. As such, candidate must have a solid quality / engineering background along with good organizational and communication skills. Candidate must have a proven track record of having worked in a similar role in a semiconductor company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Support customers with timely implementation of customer quality requirements, resolution of issues related to quality of products and services.
- Support customers with PPAP documentation as required for product introduction and product change management.
- Support customers with automotive safety compliance requirements per ISO 26262.
- Define and implement product quality planning and control process based on customers’ specifications and requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product quality, reliability, environmental compliance, regulatory compliance, safety compliance, and quality agreements.
- Interface with contract manufacturers on compliance management of discrepant materials.
- Drive corrective and preventive actions resulting from product and process non-conformity issues.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent technical discipline is required.
- 8+ years of experience in customer quality engineering involving integrated circuits supplied in the Automotive Market.
- Must have IATF-16949 compliant automotive quality experience and PPAP documentation.
- Candidate must have direct experience is quality and reliability support to automotive customers.
- Hands-on experience with ISO 26262 compliant safety management system and FMEDA
- Frequent overseas travel will be required.
- Working experience on execution of qualification per AEC Q100 requirements
- Candidates with language skills in German and/or Mandarin Chinese will be preferred