Evaluates quality of patient care and patient outcomes as they relate to nosocomial infections; collects, prepares and analyzes nosocomial infection date; presents infection data and makes recommendations for actions; monitors employee compliance in use of barriers and infection prevention measures; prepares and presents educational offerings for staff; serves as a resource to all departments and personnel.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set forth in facilities policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws and applicable professional standards.
- Observes, assesses and reports resident condition/changes and documents.
- Administers medication/treatments as prescribed.
- Receive, transcribe, and implement physician’s orders.
- Implements and evaluates care plans.
- Identifies/secures equipment supplies.
- Directs/oversees subordinates.
- Participates in duty assignments.
- Organizes/coordinates subordinates, job tasks, and time allotments.
- Oversees/monitors function and activities of subordinate staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and institutes appropriate action discipline/training.
- Monitors infection control compliance.
- Investigates/documents accidents/incidents.
- Current, valid licensure as a RN required
- Experience in long-term healthcare preferred
- Management/Supervisory experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed
- Strong written and verbal skills required