Ensures that Sterile Processing technicians, internal to IMS, are properly trained and operating within the guidelines set forth by various industry standards and regulations including, but not limited to IAHCSMM, CBSPD, AORN, The Joint Commission, FDA, CDC, OSHA, AAMI and those of IMS and its customer facilities. Performs various other training duties related to IMS employees in outsource accounts.
- Responsible for supporting outsource engagements at Customer locations
- Oversees execution of all technical, clinical, safety, and new hire training - progression of levels
- Oversees KPIs and collaborates with COM to establish education plan to meet targets.
- Works with Learning & Development manager to ensure compliance and provide ongoing QA.
- Executes staff training according to SOP
- Provides instrument / service specific training to expand tech processing abilities - CEU credentialed training
- Responsible for hands-on employee training and continuous assessments of skills and knowledge retention utilizing the Circle of Skills assessment tool in areas including decontamination, instrument tray assembly, instrument tray storage, sterilization processes and standard precautions to ensure patient safety and to minimize department pain points related to quality of performance.
- Conducts orientation and training program of new employees with no central sterile processing experience including a focus on the following:
- SPD certification information review
- Surgical Instruments (name and function)
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducts orientation and training program of new employees with central sterile processing experience.
- Develops and maintains an education plan based on the prioritization of training needs in the account and for the development of the technicians on an individual basis. Documents all successes and barriers electronically using the IMS portal.
- Maintains real time documentation of education data and adjusts the education plan or communicates with management to ensure progress is maintained and barriers are addressed.
- Communicates regularly with the SPD manager. Presents training highlights and overviews/refreshers in staff department huddles/shift change meetings.
- Provides re-education training and communication for performance issues found in the OR and instrumentation tray audits.
- Conducts employee assessments and trains to deficiencies noted.
- Adjusts schedule to work with all employees on all shifts to ensure training needs are met and supported. Ability to work pre-arranged weekend, night, and evening hours.
- Develops and maintains a training schedule for continuing education and training for each facility based on needs and with flexibility to adjust to better address pain points of the department.
- Conducts audits of staff training records to ensure compliance with governing guidelines.
- Conducts in-service at facility site as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Years SPD experience or 1 Years SPD leadership experience
- 3 years training experience
- Sterile Processing Certification (CSPDT, CRCST, CHL or CSPM) required
- Computer skills and aptitude. Must be capable of learning software programs and/or hardware as required
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.