Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01256316 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. If you encourage to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Staff Engineer, Advanced Military Engines Design Integration in our East Hartford, Connecticut location.
Pratt & Whitney Advanced Military Engines Design Integration organization requires a concept designer with project engineering skills that understands how propulsion systems integrate with the airframe during the early phases of design. At a high level, the individual duties will entail:
- Understanding external and internal customer requirements, and then develop an integrated propulsion system solution
- Conducting system level analysis including trade studies.
- Taking cost and schedule knowledge from prior programs combined with new requirements and apply them to future business in the form of proposals.
- Executing early design phase Engineering Standard Work.
- Coordinating with module centers to assess how the new design impacts their module and resolving conflicts to achieve a stabilized system.
- Performing system integration tasks for major system rigs and demonstrator engines to mature new technologies.
- Be the SDCI Cost Account Manager for each assigned task.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years combination of module and systems integration experience, along with a working knowledge turbomachinery and engine installations.
- U.S. Citizenship required, due to Government contracts
- Ability to obtain U.S. Government Secret level security clearance is required
- U.S. Government security clearance
- Good project engineering skills
- Skilled at using UG including solid modeling. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity and experience working in a classified environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.