From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group has been founded upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base. Over the years, our professionals have faced the challenges of a constantly changing industry. Shifting federal and state regulations, cultural trends, and technical innovations have vastly impacted the way businesses work. Throughout it all, our team has remained dedicated to our clients, helping to identify pragmatic solutions to help them achieve their business objectives.
Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - a talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional or technical discipline. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team!
We are looking for a Staff Engineer with 0 to 3 years of experience who is interested in design, installation, construction, monitoring, assessment, regulatory compliance, and operations and maintenance of environmental control and monitoring systems for landfills, transfer stations, remediation sites, and other sites requiring environmental mitigation or protection measures.
This position will include field work and travel out of state will be required. Duties will require weekend work and overnight stays away from home. As our Staff Engineer you will take direction from and work beneath senior level staff. The ideal person for this position seeks a fast paced, challenging environment, a place to grow and improve skills, and a collaborative environment that is conducive to the development of their personal skills.
- Solid waste engineering design and permitting (landfills, transfer stations and recycling facilities)
- Assisting with and implementing site layout grading, drainage, and site utilities, including design of forcemains, leachate collection systems, landfill gas collection systems, storm water management and erosion and sediment control
- Preparing technical reports such as operating plans, and permit applications
- Provide assistance to project managers for landfill CQA projects throughout the Midwest. Duties will include assisting the project managers with:
- Preparing proposals and final certification reports
- Managing, reviewing, and organization of daily project data
- Supervision and training of field support staff
- Assist with landfill design activities including preparing construction drawings, project documents/specifications quantity calculations, and other calculations required to support projects
- As part of your development plan, it is our expectation that you will obtain your FE and PE.
- Increase your AutoCAD skills, especially Civil 3D, to assist project managers with construction drawings, as built drawings, and quantities
- On-site field CQA work may be required, on a limited basis to cover peak demand and/or substitution during vacations emergencies, etc. We anticipate that these assignments will be short term, but will require some overnight stays. Longer stays will primarily be limited to gas projects and geosynthetic installations that typically don't exceed two to three weeks.
- Construction observation and documentation
- Effective communication with colleagues and superiors
- Using AutoCAD Civil 3D to design projects
- Bachelors of Science in Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering required
- 0-5 years of related experience in civil, geological, environmental or solid waste engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is a plus
- Experience with State and Municipal projects a plus
- Travel will be required
- Valid Driver's license required
Weaver Consultants Group maintains a drugfree workplace.