Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As a Staff Engineer, Renewable Engineering, you will assist with the technical design and evaluation of commercial and utility-scale wind projects in Invenergy’s target markets throughout the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preliminary technical due diligence of prospective wind energy projects
- Evaluate project constraints and design optimal project layouts utilizing GIS software in order to maximize project value
- Design site measurement campaigns, analyze available meteorological datasets, and establish opinion of long-term resource characteristics at multiple project sites
- Model expected energy production and affiliated key metrics, including gross and net capacity factors, production profiles (8760s, diurnals), energy uncertainty, and probability values
- Support pre-construction efforts by maintaining project site plans, inclusive of wind turbine layout, preliminary electrical collection cable and access road siting, and other balance of plant considerations, as well as facilitating preliminary and final geotechnical investigations.
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation and wind turbine micrositing. Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events, and construction meetings
- Maintain working knowledge of wind turbine technology and affiliated technical and market trends. Work with wind turbine Original Equipment Manufacturers, to optimize equipment selection for projects as it relates to power curves, operational modes, mechanical suitability considerations, and curtailment strategies
- Interface with the project development, origination, finance, environmental, and GIS teams to support project development, marketing, financing, and permitting efforts. Interface with the project management and operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operation. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering or related technical discipline
- Zero to three years of experience in the renewable energy industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage deliverables for multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds
- Software experience in Openwind, Windographer, Global Mapper, and/or ArcGIS
- Understanding of statistical analysis and linear regression models, preferably as it pertains to meteorological data sources, and MCP methodology
- Familiarity with modeling energy project economics and with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE