Staff Engineer, Software Development
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
This position is for a staff software developer contributing to the complete client software stack on streaming devices, with a specialty in IP video streaming technologies.
- 5+ years of C++ or equivalent object-oriented programming language experience
- 4+ years of IP streaming technology experience
- Exhibited knowledge of IP ABR technologies (e.g. HLS, DASH, SmoothStreaming)
- Experience with open source/third party players, such as ExoPlayer and developing for Android Media Player
- Willingness/desire to work up and down a software stack
Optional but Desired:
- Exhibited knowledge of DRM technologies (e.g. Verimatrix, PlayReady, Widevine)
- Exhibited experience developing in Linux environments
- Exhibited experience developing in Android TV environments
- Experience with video or audio codec processing
- Experience with scrum/agile development processes