ERM is seeking a hands-on Staff Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineerto join our consulting firm inTampa, FL. The successful candidate will prepare reports and work in the field on a variety of interesting site investigation, remediation, and due diligence (Phase I) projects at industrial projects sites.
Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are critical to this position.
- Prepare site workplans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports, and assist in data interpretation.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental due diligence assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, groundwater, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients.
- Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Bachelors in geology, hydrogeology, engineering, environmental science, or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Two to five years of experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills and experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports required; excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail are critical to this position.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; candidate will be provided guidance and mentoring, but will be expected to take ownership of all tasks assigned.
- Interest in both office and field assignments.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Experience working on EHS compliance projects is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!