SMART is a leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of electronic subsystems to OEMs engaged in the computer, industrial, networking, telecommunications, aerospace and defense markets. Taking innovations from the design stage through manufacturing and supply, SMART Modular Technologies has developed a comprehensive product line that includes DRAM and Flash memory technologies across various form factors. SMART's presence in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America enables it to provide its customers with proven expertise in international logistics, asset management, and supply-chain management worldwide.
SMART is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our US Finance team. We are seeking a driven, team player who pays attention to detail with excellent organization and communication skills. This Financial Analyst will be responsible for a variety of month end closing relating duties along with financial forecasting and budgeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis business unit reporting within a matrix organization.
- Responsible for Business unit analytics including gross margin and P&L analysis.
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end close and ensure journal entries are accounted for accurately and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for maintaining financial for multiple sites.
- Complete month-end reconciliations and quarterly analytics and flux analysis accurately and in timely manner.
- Prepare weekly forecast, quarterly hardcall, and annual budget.
- Maintain and document all general ledger entries as part of SOX Compliance requirement.
- Assist in interim and annual audits with external auditors.
- Other finance related ad-hoc support
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Graduate degree preferred.
- Over 5 years of general ledger and FP&A experience.
Knowledge and experience in GL required.
- Proficiency in preparing and analyzing monthly financial statement.
- Candidate will possess the following skills: strong analytical skills, self-motivated, detailed, strong communicator, strong time management / organizational skills, a self-starter with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of MS EXcel required, with SAP and BPC experience highly desirable.
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
Interview process includes completing our employment application forms. All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check, and proof of legal status to work in the U.S. We utilize E-Verify.
SMART is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, creed, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.