· Conduct subcontractor solicitation and pre-qualification tasks.
· Analyze and insert specialty and standard equipment and material pricing into the estimate.
· Prepare and deliver bid packages to subcontractors.
· Present estimating information in site and pre bid meetings.
· Conduct subcontractor labor and market studies, and make recommendations based on those results.
· Develop project summary schedules.
· Evaluate and condition subcontractor and supplier quotes.
· Support pre-construction services on client estimates and joint venture reviews.
· Develop and present estimating strategy and plan.
· Research cost history and update data base(s).
· Provide preliminary pricing for indirect and general conditions.
· Evaluate fee, contingency and escalation and make recommendations.
· Responsible for reviewing specialty and standard equipment pricing.
· Review plans and specifications for risk issues and propose a mitigation strategy
· Review commercial terms and conditions for cost and risk items and present concerns to lead estimator.
· Responsible the accuracy and validity of estimate clarifications and assumptions.
· Analyze and price value engineering for submission.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· A minimum of 4 years of direct project estimating experience.
· Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, ConEst and K-Base.
- OSHA 10 hour safety certification required.