|Job Id|| N1979214|
|Job Title||Staff Mgr, Technical Marketing|
|Company||Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.|
|Job Area||Marketing |
|Location||California - San Diego |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.|
- The candidate will be responsible for creating company level marketing messaging and content related to Qualcomm's technology vision.
- The candidate will align content to key Qualcomm initiatives to influence the mobile industry and position Qualcomm as a leader and visionary.
- The deliverables will be in various forms, such as presentations, videos, web, and written form and will be leveraged on multiple channels such as speakerships, web and social media and executed through B2B marketing campaigns. Deliverables will be leveraged across Qualcomm to ensure consistent communication through Qualcomm's marketing channels.
- The candidate will be technology evangelist for Qualcomm's technology vision.
- Develop and align content and messaging based on Qualcomm's initiatives and strategic direction
- Keep abreast of broad corporate messages, as well as high-level divisional/product/technology messages
- Manage all aspects of a messaging campaign (content creation, marketing channels, alignment, briefing, speakerships, trade shows)
- Take initiative in identifying key trends in the wireless and mobile computing industry that are relevant and impactful to Qualcomm's strategic messaging.
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
|Minimum Qualifications||7+ years of experience in marketing messaging in high tech industries.|
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- The single most important aspect of this job is a very strong technology messaging skill, which is to understand complex topics, abstract the key elements, create concise key messaging and anchor the messaging across multiple divisions and disciplines.
- The ability to tell a compelling story and express the messaging in various media such as presentations, video, blogs, whitepaper and the ability to deliver the messages effectively. Be detailed oriented with strong analytical skills and be ably to conceptualize and simplify complex topics.
- The ability to move between different levels, from high level typically used for executive level messaging to mid-level messaging with more proof points.
- Strong ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders in order to maintain messaging consistency.
- Ability to effectively work across multiple organizations to understand priorities, collect content and proof points in order to develop a cohesive and compelling story for the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively Strong analytical skills
- Experience in driving B2B marketing campaigns in multiple channels and social media and web marketing experience is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of the wireless industry and mobile computing industries, such as 5G, AI, Automotive, IoT, AR/VR, is desired but not required. Excellent knowledge and experience in content creation and strong messaging skills are key. Experience in an adjacent industry is sufficient for a candidate with the very strong messaging skills.
- MBA is preferred
|Education Requirements||Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline. MBA is strongly preferred.|