Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
HCMC has a current opening for a Staff Nurse in Hospice.
This position is casual.
Casual nurses are nurses who have no regular appointed scheduled hours (no assigned FTE). Casual nurses must make themselves available to work a minimum of two (2) open 8 hour minimum length shifts per four (4)-week scheduling period at straight time, a minimum of one shift must be a weekend shift. Casual nurses must also make themselves available to work two (2) of the following holiday shifts (per calendar year:, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. A minimum of one of the holidays must be a winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s).
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center "Centered Around You" Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
- Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
- Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
- Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments
- Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others
- Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care
- Educating patient on their disease process
- Assuring continuity of care
- Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
- 6 months of skilled nursing experience as an LPN or RN in community based hospice
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
- Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from an accredited college
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.