NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Physical Therapist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating physical therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed physical therapy treatment to assigned patients in a supervises program of rehabilitation.
- Initial Assessment and Evaluation of Physical Therapy needs for specifically assigned patient populations - Reviews medical chart to ascertain important medical information and clarifies referral/Treatment orders if necessary for unfamiliar diagnosis. Selects appropriate assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patients status for developing optimal treatment plan. Demonstrates effective clinical decision making and implements changes/adaptations to the Treatment Plan when appropriate.
- Implements Treatment Plans and Protocol according to current professional and health system standards. Establishes achievable and appropriate treatment goals with patient and family. Considers a variety of validated treatment approaches and rationales for achievement of patient goals. Selects appropriate technical aids/assistive devices and correctly refers patients to other clinical services to achieve stated program/team treatment goals. Assesses educational needs of patient, families, and implements a variety of methods for patient/family education and training during rehabilitation process.
- Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement. Completes and plans all required documentation in medical chart as required by Department guidelines and JACHO/CARF requirements. Clinical Documentation is through and completes using appropriate medical and clinical terminology. Accurately records all treatment given including completion of the daily treatment record.
- Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional educational endeavors. Teaches and supervises assigned students in the appropriate techniques, skills and procedures. Demonstrates a genuine interest in assisting students in enhancing their knowledge and skill levels. Encourages positive learning experiences for Career Opportunity Students and other Non Fieldwork students.
- Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures. Demonstrates the ability to provide expected patient contact as indicated by productivity reports and patient contact analysis.
- Demonstrates continued proficiency in skills required to treat assigned patient population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy. New York State Physical Therapy License or temporary permit. Good communication and interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: NYS Physical Therapy license or permit
Master's Degree in Physical Therapy or related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.