Staff Product Manager, Search
Location: Santa Clara, CA
At Chegg, the Enablement Solutions Team is responsible for building and maintaining a wide variety of mission-critical technology platforms, services, and site/mobile customer experiences that are central to our business functions. Our mindset is centered around accelerating Chegg’s growth by improving operational efficiencies and building our platforms and services for resiliency and scalability.
Chegg is looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager for our Search Experience platform and serve as a vital connection point between local web and native development teams and remote Product Managers on the Enablement Solutions Team. The ideal candidate will have experience in stakeholder management, is a true team player, and has great communication skills (verbal, written, can leverage remote teams). As Staff Product Manager, you will lead thinking and execution along with accountability over the analysis, planning, prioritization, and implementation of Chegg’s Search Experience platform. It will be important to be comfortable with front end and back end pieces of products & platforms along with an interest and understanding of search technology.
The position entails being a contributing team member influencing the future capabilities of the Search Experience Platform for growth which is in turn part of the Enablement Solutions Team at Chegg. The ideal candidate should be skilled at serving both the end user and internal customers of the platform, such as cross-functional teams (data science, native apps, web product teams, marketing, finance, accounting), for various business verticals. Requires some knowledge of Search platforms as leveraged by Catalog, eCommerce, and Content with a fundamental understanding of optimization for search relevance. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic culture consistent with a high growth company, highly collaborative across business, product, design, engineering and cross functional teams. Can demonstrate past success effectively leveraging data & insights from systems or resources to persuade and inform decisions with key company stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Own the Search Backend and Frontend Components product lifecycle, from discovery to implementation and analysis to iteration.
- Work with cross-functional business, product, and marketing leaders to develop the Search team roadmaps, balancing long-term infrastructure investments against near-term KPIs and targets.
- Define detailed use cases, product requirements, and technical specs needed to support roadmap initiatives.
- Oversee the selection, cross-functional build-out, and extension of front-end and back-end features required to support our search platform.
- Participate and lead an agile development process, working closely with internal teams and multiple offshore engineering teams.
- Maintain standards for a data-driven approach to making decisions and gain user insight using rigorous A/B tests, qualitative user studies, and quantitative market research.
- Define overall user-facing search experiences, platforms, and services KPIs and ensure proper instrumentation to track against goals.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to gain insight into our customer and market segments with respect to offers, acquisition, and retention goals.
- Identify broader issues and potential solutions, leveraging technical, company, and industry knowledge.
- Lead meetings, synthesizing information regarding progress toward objectives, concerns, and issues, providing all attendees the opportunity to participate.
- Provide constructive feedback to the team and influence senior management. Be a resource for junior staff.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Desired Role Qualifications:
Experience with SOLR, algorithm optimization, and development (search intent and precision), machine learning product services.
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer