DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Dish Technologies Program Management Office (DTPMO), the Staff Program Manager leads Engineering and Enterprise projects. These projects include PayTV or Wireless Products/Projects. The PM will interact with executive sponsors and project teams to identify scope, requirements, and manage projects through the full project lifecycle.
Primary responsibilities include
- Manage executive project expectations including owning escalation, communication, and C-level interaction on critical strategic projects for the company.
- Manage the planning, development, design, implementation and launch of strategic corporate projects.
- Manage the coordination and project deliverables between internal DISH project organizations as well as 3rd party partners to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Work cross-functionally as a dynamic leader to effectively guide projects from concept to deployment and facilitate large cross-functional meetings guiding large project teams.
- Document all aspects of the project including requirements, risk, issues, schedule, and meeting agendas/notes.
- Ability to operate in uncertainty and adapt quickly is paramount as the environment is fast-paced and evolving.
- Up to 5-10% travel.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You will be considered a great fit if you meet these criteria:
- BS Degree, Technical or Engineering Discipline
- 5+ years managing technical projects
- 5+ years project management experience in PayTV , LTE, NB-IoT, or Wireless Systems Projects
- PMP (desired) with experience in Agile/Scrum, SAFe (Scaled Agile), or Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience providing cost analysis, project tracking and scheduling, managing large cross-corporate teams, and presenting information to senior management and project stakeholders
- Strong ability to document, vet requirements, and drive quality within a program or project.
- Skilled in Program/Project Management techniques, working in detail with spreadsheets, slide presentations, diagraming tools, and scheduling tools