Our Psychiatrist provides a full range of psychiatric services to patients. Provides clinical consultation regarding identified cases to mental health and health care staff. Will consider a psychiatrist who can work a minimum of eight (8) hours weekly.
Education for Psychiatrist:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with specialty training in psychiatry
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- Training and experience providing psychiatric services to an adult population
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Physician who is licensed to practice medicine in the State, board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry
- Current CPR Certification
- Responsible to provide psychiatric services as required and within the standards of professional psychiatric and medical care.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations of the facility, the regulations of the institution(s) to which psychiatric services are provided, and the policies and procedures of The Company.
- Responsible to provide documentation of psychiatric services to permit monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures of The Company.
- Evaluation and treatment in a timely manner of patients referred for psychiatric services by mental health or medical staff.
- Documentation of all psychiatric evaluations and/or treatment in patient's health record utilizing approved psychiatric templates/forms.
- Documentation of patient's consent to treatment on the appropriate form to be placed in the health record when psychotropic medication is prescribed.
- Coordination of medical consultations and lab work needed with the Health Services Administrator and Site Medical Director as needed.
- Monitoring of patients prescribed psychotropic medications to assess treatment effectiveness and medication side effects by psychiatric interview at least every 90 days.
- Provide supervision and oversight to psychiatric nurse, if such a position is utilized at Psychiatrist's assigned facility.
- Ensure support services and monitoring of patients as needed by submitting a referral to mental health staff.
- Evaluation of patients referred potentially in need of transfer to specialized internal mental health facility or community mental health facility. Provision of documentation required to effect transfer when indicated. Psychiatric services for these patients shall be provided to the day of transfer.
- Additional job/duties responsibilities will be assigned.