Emmetsburg is an active community, located in the northwest corner of Iowa. We take pride in our relaxed atmosphere and family oriented lifestyle. Emmetsburg is a small town of approximately 3,800 people. It is small enough that you can get to know your neighbors, but large enough to offer almost everything you want or need. Located at the intersection of Highways 4 & 18 in Palo Alto County, it provides easy access to neighboring cities.
Emmetsburg is well known for its excellent school system and athletic teams, including Emmetsburg Community Schools, Emmetsburg Catholic School, and Iowa Lakes Community College.
Five Island Lake is a popular tourist destination where people can enjoy boating, fishing and swimming. Smith Wellness Center, located at the Iowa Lakes Community College Campus, offers various recreational activities for the young and the old.
Those whom are interested in Emmetsburg, whether it be a short stay or a permanent relocation, will find it to be a warm, inviting community.
Palo Alto County Health System (PACHS) is a not-for-profit county owned entity that operates for one purpose: to serve your wellness and "Lifecare" needs with respect and compassion. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities we serve by improving healthcare services, buying new technologies, upgrading facilities, and making sure that care is available to everyone ' regardless of their ability to pay. Profits are not distributed to shareholders, as they would be in the case of a for-profit hospital.
- Working to improve the health of our communities. Compassion is the foundation for all that we do. Patients and their families are treated as people first, which means compassion, dignity, and respect are at the core of any treatment program. It also means that when someone is treated at one of our facilities, the needs of the whole person ' body, mind, and spirit ' are what matters most.
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.
PACHS provides a full continuum of primary and specialty health care from the birth of a new family member, to end of life care for residents of our communities.The main entities of PACHS include:
- Palo Alto County Hospital- 25 inpatient bed Critical Access Hospital
- Family Practice Clinicsin Emmetsburg, Graettinger and West Bend
- PARC Halla long term care facility
- Willow Ridge, Independent senior living apartments
- Community Health Services
- Home Health Service
- Hospice of Palo Alto County
- Public Health Department for Palo Alto County
- Palo Alto County Emergency Medical Services
PACHS is a member of the MercyOne Network, which offers opportunities for recruitment, training, education and networking and provides our community membersa 20,000 person support team. Your Best Life, Our One purpose. The MercyOne Network encircles you with the regions highest-rated services and more locations and personalized care for you and your family. Click Here to learn more about the Power of One within the MercyOne Networkhttps://www.mercyone.org/circle/
Provide quality care in a hospital setting to all patients served by PACHS. Assess patient's condition and nursing needs; prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet the needs of the patient, including patient teaching and discharge planning; records pertinent patient observations and reactions accurately and concisely. Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor. Strict confidentiality with medical records and related information is required.
- Must possess current Iowa RN license
- Must be a graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
- OB and/or ER experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers and other office equipment
- Current BLS, PALS, ACLS required