Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Applications Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. Advisor Services Technology is looking for a Software Applications Engineer to work on Schwab’s premier custody platform, Schwab Advisor Center. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Applications Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology for Advisor Service Technology applications
- Supporting applications and systems in a production environment
- Reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical design
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interacting with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting organizations and business groups
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related practical experience
- 3 years of professional experience in software development
- 3 years of real world experience in object oriented languages such as C# or Java; C# experience is strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience building REST services that support high volume transactions in highly available environments
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience with either SQL or NoSQL solutions. (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to review requirements, translate these requirements into a design, implement and fully test this design; testing experience should include all aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Production implementation and support
- Participation in all review and governance activities
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Understanding of patterns and practice
- Ability to contribute to application and platform architecture and design
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more aboutLife@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, November 1, 2019