If you are looking for an exciting role in the transition of Service Provider Networks to Next Generation Technologies and Cloud computing, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the organization’s success story, then Infoblox might just be the place for you. Infoblox delivers high speed and secure DNS, DHCP, and IPAM Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems; managed through a single pane of glass. We’re the market leader with over 50% of the worldwide DDI market share and over 8,000 customers (Including 93 of the Fortune 100, 350 of the Fortune 500, and 58% of Fortune 1000); running the world’s most sophisticated networks.
We are seeking a dynamic team member to join our agile and highly collaborative engineering team in Santa Clara, CA. The role is a Staff Software Developer and you will have the opportunity to focus on developing features for Infoblox’s next-generation DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (DDI) services. You will be able to utilize your experience and creativity to influence technology direction and decisions while ensuring that our products are best-of-breed. The Staff Software Developer will report to the Senior Manager, Platform Engineering who is located in the Santa Clara, CA office.
- Design and develop software for Service Provider solution using C, Linux, and Python technologies
- Develop unit and functional tests for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment in a modern CI/CD environment
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development methodology to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test
- Work closely with peer engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Benchmark, optimize, and fine-tune software performance
- Collaborate with QA to investigate and fix defects
- Handle Customer Escalations and debug issues
- 8+ years’ experience software development in C programming in a Linux or Unix environment
- Strong systems background and knowledge of Linux kernel and OS internals, GNU tool-chain and debugger knowledge
- Experience with x86 and MIPS based processors and system architectures
- Strong development and problem-solving skills are required
- In-depth working knowledge Linux platform services, performance analysis, and kernel-level debugging using gdb and other tools
- A solid understanding of networking concepts, OSPF, BGP, IPv6, DHCP, and DNS protocols
- Knowledge of Python, Java, JEE, WSDL, HTTP/S is a major plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and vCloud Director is a plus
- Experience in microservices architecture and container-based software using Docker and other container technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc) is a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies with software development life-cycle experience
- Experience in working DNS and DHCP protocols is a plus
- A four-year degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer, click here.