Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, Data Plane
At Netskope, our world class QE organization is built with engineers who love to write code to test, have aptitude to find ways to break things, know how a cloud services should work and can build automation for day to day tasks that machines can run. Our SDETs have built Python scripted automation tools to do functional, regression, security, performance and load/scale testing of our services and clients. Your contribution will test software that large Fortune 500 enterprises will use and rely upon everyday.
You love testing highly dynamic software and pushing it to the max and beyond for strength and resilience. You are happily challenged when faced with solving complex problems. You love digging deep into the product to find its breaking points. You love the “aha!” moment when you find the repro to a bug.
- Develop expertise in our cloud security solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Work closely with the development and design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our solutions deliver value to our customers
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Own the release and be a customer advocate.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of SDET track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- A proponent of Strong Quality Engineering methodology.
- Strong knowledge of linux systems.
- Experience and knowledge with TCP/HTTP protocol suite.
- Experience building automation frameworks
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking the initiative regarding issues and decisions
- Proven ability to apply data structures and algorithms to practical problems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
Preferred / Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Hudson, or any other CI systems.
- Experience with SaaS security infrastructure
- Familiarity with standard development tools and processes source control, IDE, debugging, profiling, JIRA etc