Position: Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler’s Emerging Technology team is working on revolutionary new products including Zscaler Private Access (ZPA). This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is charting new ground in cloud security technology.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Very strong object-oriented design and development skills for high-volume production applications
- TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS and other related protocols
- Experience developing distributed software product architectures
- Unix/Linux Kernel & file system
- Experience coding in C/C++, Java and other technologies
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong software design, profiling, and verification skills
- Deep understanding of the concepts behind solid software design: Abstraction, Modularity, Design Patterns, Representation Invariants, etc.
- Networking, wireless and/or security experience or knowledge preferred
- Work experience through complete software project delivery cycles
- Masters degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn