We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For . In addition, for the last five years we've been name in the top 100 "World's Most Innovative Companies" by Forbes Magazine.
What you'll be doing
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, building, testing and deploying web tier applications while also leading other software engineers in their daily activities.
- Able to work independently and offer insights and analysis on existing codebase.
- Able to lead other engineers, reviewing their work and offering guidance
- Performance considerations are second nature
- Works effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Participates in the estimates for projects based on interface wireframes/desired functionality
- Researches emerging topics related to assigned tasks
- Participates in all pertinent project meetings
- Provides appropriate research to support business and information technology groups within the organization
- Advises on options, impact on other business processes, and system priorities
- Prioritizes assigned tasks and keeps manager up to date on status and roadblocks
What your background looks like
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience of 5-7 years
- 3+ years experience with front-end development
- 2+ years experience with React/Redux
- 2+ years lead experience
BONUS: React Hooks
- Use of Git SCM command line and tools required
- Jest / React-testing-library
- Behavior driven design experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of software development and project management methodologies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Recognize and acknowledge the value of other's contributions
- Recognizes other's emotions and responds with empathy
- Must possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Positive, active member of a team, who can express opinions in a constructive manner.
- Networks with senior members in their area of expertise.