Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (Frameworks)
At Netskope, our world class QE organization is built with engineers who love to write code to test, have the aptitude to find ways to break things, know how cloud services should work and can build automation for day to day tasks that machines can run. Our SDETs have built Python scripted automation tools to do functional, regression, security, performance and load/scale testing of our services and clients. Your contribution will test software that large Fortune 500 enterprises will use and rely upon everyday.
We are looking for a software engineer that is passionate about testing and motivated to create impactful developer experiences. In this role you will be a key contributor, co-owner, and developer of the next generation of test automation frameworks, tools, and services used throughout Netskope.
- Develop expertise in our cloud security solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Contribute to building a flexible and scalable solution
- Work closely with the development and design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our solutions deliver value to our customers
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Own the release and be a customer advocate.
- Minimum 8+ years of programming experience in at least two of: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, or similar languages
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining developer frameworks, tools, & services (REST, GraphQL, other)
- Minimum 2 years of testing experience
- Experience in System Administration, System Engineering or DevOps.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be able to work with changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for robust, well documented, high quality code
- Open source enthusiast
Preferred/ Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in TDD and BDD testing methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or other
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with open source test automation technologies such as Selenium, Appium, Pytest, Ginkgo, TestNG, etc
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and other container native technologies
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Familiarity with testing types and implementation of - unit, functional, etc
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree