Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing team of diverse professionals in Warner Robins, Georgiaand support our C-130 Avionics Maintenance and Modernization Programs.
- Deploys, automates, maintains, troubleshoots, and improves the systems and software infrastructure.
- Leads an agile development process.
- Designs and implements application builds, releases, and deployments along with configuration activities.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototype, and architect complex solutions supporting building and test plan execution
- Performs quality reviews, triages, and fixes operational issues.
- Works with the team to solve ambiguous, hard problems.
- Supports full-lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
- Includes requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance
- Applies technical expertise and may function in a project leadership role.
- Interacts and effectively communicates with Program Management, external personnel, and/or customers
- Liaises with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other integrated product teams (IPTs); actively participates in code reviews
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with a minimum of 14 years of software engineering experience
- Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with a minimum of 12 years of software engineering experience
- PhD in a STEM discipline with a minimum of 9 years of software engineering experience
- Must be able to work on-site in Warner Robins, Georgia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite, Git, and confluence
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience developing and writing software in C++ or Ada
- Experience with configuration management using industry standard tools and processes
- Experience leading cross-functional software teams in an agile environment
- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) development experience
- Familiarity with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures
- Experience with Computer graphics and GUI frameworks.
- Experience with OpenGL
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.