Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Lead the definition, implementation and certification of products within the Elbit Aviation and Commercial Systems (EACS) Division · Coordinate a multi-disciplinary Engineering team · Manage schedule, budget, risk and key performance parameters · Establish center of knowledge of Head-Up Displays and Enhanced synthetic vision. · Coordinate development efforts for shared programs with overseas affiliates. · Create and maintain a development and test environment to facilitate the integration and certification of such products. · Integrate systems into the Elbit Systems flight test bed · Oversee the qualification and certification of the products. · Provide customer support as technical point of contact as well as support internal manufacturing operations.
- Lead Systems Engineering processes, such as requirements management, risk management, system integration, verification and validation.
- Capture requirements through user interviews, surveys, use cases, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements
- Specify requirements with an appropriate level of detail to allow development teams to create architecture specifications, perform design/development activities, and ensure testability
- Participate in hardware and software development reviews
- Manage requirements traceability and track requirements status throughout the project life cycle
- Provide primary technical interface with customers, affiliates, and government decision-makers associated with product acceptance, deployment, and validation
- Familiar with program planning and control, certification of the system, and understanding of all the software, hardware, safety, maintainability and operations of such systems
- Manage changes using change control processes and tools
- Support Enhanced Vision Systems product line and installed customer base. Interface with Field Service Representatives in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Monitor and provide technical oversight to on-going production of EVS Systems
- Lead diagnostic and troubleshooting activities for production or field issues.
- Support Commercial Aviation Business Unit(s) in the pursuit of new business
- Participate in system integration activities
- Reliability and Safety analysis
- Assist in formulating technical responses to requests for proposals and quotes
- Bachelor degree minimum, Master's degree or higher in engineering or equivalent scientific discipline preferred, and at least 10 years of experience in applicable, progressively complex systems engineering, including hardware/software integration of complex systems.
- Ability to perform a Systems Engineering or Requirements Development role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description
- Proven experience in the technical/program engineering management of large production type programs and projects within cost, schedule and technical goals.
- Experience installing and testing airborne systems
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate information to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience with Electro-Optical sensors and display systems
- Experience developing products for commercial avionics under FAA regulations
- Familiarity with RTCA standards (DO-254, DO-178B, DO-160)
- Aviation experience
- FAA Systems and Equipment DER
- PMP Certification