The position is for a Staff Systems Engineer to become the Lead System Engineering authority for a Machine Learning research and development programs at the Elbit Systems of America (ESA). This position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate 10 years of experience in Systems Engineering for Aerospace or Military Machine / Artificial Intelligence Learning Applications.
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity.
- Lifecycle Product development from concept through verification and delivery to the customer including integration onto the specific platform.
- Technical leadership during the design/implementation phase.
- Technical briefings to management and customers.
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills.
- Development of technical & product roadmaps and competitive assessments.
- Lead and/or review of proposals and participate in customer presentations.
- Analysis of Customer Documentation to create System Level Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), Specifications, Architectural Design and Interface Control Drawings (ICDs).
- Lead the sophisticated analysis, design and testing of complex systems
- Technical interface between ESA’s external customers and sub-contractors.
- Provide technical support to customer and user lab and on-aircraft testing
- Develop and analyze highly complex algorithms.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Proficiency in the use of Requirements Management and Model Based Systems Engineering tools, preferably DOORS and Rhapsody
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations
- Willingness to travel Domestically and Internationally.
- Technical lead on the program
- May assume the Project Engineering Manager responsibilities.
- Operates under the direct supervision of his supervisor.
- Works closely with the business unit program manager.
- Leads other functional resources on program tasks.
- Frequent customer interactions
Bachelor's Degree is required. MS or PhD preferred.
Specific Degree Field: Aeronautical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering, Cognitive Science or related degrees that show relevance to this technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- 10+ years of defense, academic, or industrial experience in artificial intelligence, statistical machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing.
- MS or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Science or a related field.
- Ability to read recent AI/ML research papers and adapt those into models to solve real world problems.
- Experience creating and applying advanced statistical methods and complex algorithms such as: regression, clustering, simulation, scenario analysis, neural networks and decision trees and other machine learning techniques.
- Experience with any deep learning framework, including Tensorflow, Caffe, MxNet, Torch, Theano.
- Experience creating and presenting model output and performance of data to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of CPU and/or GPU architecture, CUDA or OpenCL.
- Proficiency in C#, C++, and Python is a plus.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARENCE.