Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The position is for a Staff Systems Engineer to become the Engineering authority / Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Head-Up Displays, Head Wearable Displays, airborne imaging sensors, and airborne display computers. Coordinate development efforts for shared programs with overseas affiliates. Create and maintain a development and test environment to facilitate the integration and certification of such products. Integrate the system into the Elbit Systems flight test bed and oversee the qualification and certification of the products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing technical strategic plans and be part of a team in the execution of such plans. They will apply Systems Engineering methodologies to define, evaluate and test systems architecture solutions to ensure that the Customer Requirements and Expectations are achieved. This will include:
- Lifecycle Product development from concept through verification and delivery to the customer including integration onto the specific platform.
- Technical leadership during the design/implementation phase.
- Collaborating on complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity.
- Technical briefings to management and customers.
- Development of technical & product roadmaps and competitive assessments.
- Lead and/or review of proposals and participate in customer presentations.
- Analysis of Customer Documentation to create System Level Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), Specifications, Architectural Design and Interface Control Drawings (ICDs).
- Lead the sophisticated analysis, design and testing of complex systems.
- Technical interface between ESA’s external customers and sub-contractors.
- Provide technical support to customers, user lab and on-aircraft testing.
- Develop and analyze highly complex algorithms.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Proficiency in the use of Requirements Management and Model Based Systems Engineering tools, preferably DOORS and Rhapsody.
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Design and development of IR-based Imaging Systems, including but not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge of high resolution, wide field of view sensors.
- Detailed knowledge of small display capabilities.
- Detailed knowledge of integration with helmet mounted system and helmet trackers.
- Detailed knowledge of embedded processors including FPGAs, GPUs, and CPUs.
- Knowledge of Abrams, Bradley, Stryker military vehicles preferred.
Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years functional experience required; Master's Degree preferred
- Specific Degree Field: Aeronautical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Electro-Optical sensors and display systems
- Familiarity with military product Qualification Testing (MIL-STD 810/461)
- Familiarity with RTCA standards (DO-254, DO-178B, DO-160)
- Experience installing and testing airborne systems
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.