The position is for a Staff Systems Engineer to become the Engineering authority / Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Situational Awareness Infra-Red Search and Track (SAIRST) development programs at the Elbit Systems of America (ESA) Fort Worth site. This position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate at least fifteen years’ experience in Systems Engineering for Aerospace or Military Applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Design and development of Airborne Automatic Target Detection and Recognition, including but not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge of integration of Infra-Red Missile Warning Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of single color and dual color Infra-Red Missile Warning System technologies.
- Electro-Optical Distributed Aperture Systems.
- Digital signal processing concepts including FFT, and DRFM.
- Knowledge of F-16, F-35 and UH-60 military platforms preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing technical strategic plans and be part of a team in the execution of such plans. They will apply Systems Engineering methodologies to define, evaluate and test systems architecture solutions to ensure that the Customer Requirements and Expectations are achieved.
This will include:
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity.
- Lifecycle Product development from concept through verification and delivery to the customer including integration onto the specific platform.
- Technical leadership during the design/implementation phase.
- Technical briefings to management and customers.
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills.
- Development of technical & product roadmaps and competitive assessments.
- Lead and/or review of proposals and participate in customer presentations.
- Analysis of Customer Documentation to create System Level Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), Specifications, Architectural Design and Interface Control Drawings (ICDs).
- Lead the sophisticated analysis, design and testing of complex systems.
- Technical interface between ESA’s external customers and sub-contractors.
- Provide technical support to customer and user lab and on-aircraft testing.
- Develop and analyze highly complex algorithms.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Proficiency in the use of Requirements Management and Model Based Systems Engineering tools, preferably DOORS and Rhapsody.
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years functional experience required; Master's Degree preferred
- Specific Degree Field: Aeronautical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Security Clearance Required: Secret