Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The IVR Production Support Engineer will be a key member of the Sales and Service Technology Service Availability Team, which is responsible for production support and maintenance of the Voice IVR Platform used to deliver industry leading service to Schwab clients.
The SST SAVE team plays an integral role within the Sales and Service Technology organization by helping to ensure system availability for Voice Services at Schwab. These capabilities are a critical component in enabling Schwab to evolve its relationship model with clients, provide a differentiated client experience and successfully acquire prospects. The Sales and Service Technology SAVE team partners closely with: the SST Development teams, the TIS Voice and Networking teams, the Sales and Service CRM and Desktop Technology Teams, the Contact Center Experience teams and a myriad of technology and business support organizations.
What you’ll do:
Service Availability and Engineering is seeking a seasoned IVR Production Support Engineer responsible for thoroughly understanding, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining Schwab’s IVR solutions. This role is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, testing, supporting, and maintaining all of the IVR products at Schwab. As a key team member, the SAVE team must be proficient in all phases of the Service Availability and Engineering support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review and understand voice requirements, use case documentation, system architecture, production installation procedures and turn over guidelines.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the IVR applications including error handling, alarming and monitoring
- Promote code to address new business requests and support ongoing needs for the IVR, including the integration of the IVR platform with call routing transport
- Maintain Schwab’s current IVR platforms and push for new technologies/advancement in the IVR arena
- Provide timely production support and communication of issues raised as a result of client feedback
- Supports users and assists in troubleshooting by developing documentation and self-help tools
- Maintain and promote environment objects such as certificates, password rotations, currency patching in alignment with Schwab’s security standards and guidelines.
- Develop alerting tools to aid in efficiently troubleshooting errors/issues
- Manage and work with various infrastructure teams, vendors, and peers
- Monitor and review platform performance, escalating to development or the product owners as appropriate.
- Leverage automation and CICD tools to install new code to promote accuracy and efficiency of the deployment.
What you have:
- College degree in Computer Science.
- 5 years’ experience with application development/or production support on C#, Java, VXML and MVC, specifically for IVR application development.
- Working knowledge of automated deployment processes and tools such as Bitbucket/Bamboo and/or Jenkins.
- Experiencing building Splunk monitoring Dashboards
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis / Object Oriented Design methodologies
- Experience in production support of IVR applications with VXML and Java (Nuance Development Framework / Voice Portal preferred)
- Knowledge or experience with Nuance application framework is a PLUS
- Strong working knowledge of deploying applications on Websphere and Tomcat.
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) experience with Genesys SIP platform a PLUS
- Experience working an Agile environment
- Familiarity with a Dev Ops model with experience in automated build and deploy as well as automated testing tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||No Work Experience|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Monday, December 31, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, April 1, 2019