Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Must live or be willing to relocate to within a one hour radius of MB Haynes Corporation's main office in Asheville, NC. Work as part of a team with Pipe fitter. Welds metal parts, using gas-welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order. Position parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks. Select torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding charts specifications or type & thickness of metal. Connect regulator valves & hoses to oxygen & fuel gas cylinders, & welding torch. Turn regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch & adjusts gas mixture & pressure, to obtain desired flame, basic knowledge of gas-welding techniques. Hold torch at proper angle to metal & guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld. Examine weld for bead size & other specifications. Repair broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, & builds up metal parts.
- 5 Year's experience preferred.
- Must pass employer performance test or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional & technical associations.
- Must be able to pass Stainless Steel Pipe Welding Test.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers and the public.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all types of hand tools.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB Haynes Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer