Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
Selected students will participate in a meaningful and challenging 10-week summer internship that will allow each intern to have exposure to different facets of the business, receive critical skills, career and personal development training. Interns will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects within a cross functional team of professionals and get exposure to leaders within the business.
In these challenging roles…
In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Marketing and Communications at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
Key Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
work on a wide variety of tasks and projects to support functional teams – helping with Marketing collateral, content development support, and use creative thinking on adding creativity on numerous projects.
Assist the Creative director and Graphic designer to assist with content curation and development, supporting strategic campaign initiatives, and other Corporate Marketing projects
Curate designs, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers print ads and other communication materials.
Participate in a group summer project (Traveler’s Championship activation) in June with fellow interns, and help out with photography of the event
Report out on all internship activities, as well as providing how they participated at the Traveler’s Championship activation.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of previous creative projects
- Proficient understanding of the Adobe’s creative Suite – including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic design
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Required highly creative thinking
- Knowledge/Skills of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding/ability to navigate web-based programs
- Effective Follow-up/Communication skills required: must be able to confer advice and suggestions from clients, as well as understand what they want.
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills
- Teamwork skills: you must be able to collaborate and get along with others when they work as part of a design team.
- Technical skills: understand both typography and color theory is critical.
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.