IOT Development Internship (Summer 2020)
Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
Selected students will participate in a meaningful and challenging 10-week summer internship that will allow each intern to have exposure to different facets of the business, receive critical skills, career and personal development training. Interns will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects within a cross functional team of professionals and get exposure to leaders within the business.
In these challenging roles…
In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Marketing and Communications at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the workings of an agile development team delivering IOT project for the team. As an intern, you will have an experienced developer as a mentor who will guide you according to your interest areas and you will have a chance to contribute with a tangible goal driven project for developing a IOT development kit which will be distributed as a piloting starting point for developing products on our IOT platform.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree program in Computer Science or engineering.
- Mobile application development. coding knowledge or familiarity in iOS or Android
- Experience in participating in Hackathons or school projects related to mobile app development is a major plus
- Contribution to an open source project or coding work available on github a major plus.
- Academic credits taken for Machine Learning or Pattern Recognition is a plus
- Passion and interest in the latest trends in IOT technology
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Proven leadership in and out of the classroom
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.