The role oversees a fully licensed Starbucks store at a Xavier University All For One Shops as a store within a store. This role reports to a Follett store manager and may include a dotted-line report to a Starbucks District Manager. We do not require prior food handling experience but we are looking for a strong ability to manage operations including staffing, managing performance, providing hands-on technical and functional guidance, and providing a great customer experience. May be responsible for the preparation of food and beverages on a daily basis while maintaining cleanliness and other food safety standards. Guides team members in executing Starbucks store/department operating plans. Responds to customer concerns and requests and ensure all Starbuck/bookstore property and personnel are secure. Follow all Starbuck programs and procedures as required. Follow all Follett policies and procedures.
* Provides strong customer service in all aspects of Starbucks operations.
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard, and set a positive example for the team members.
* Anticipates customer and department needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers.
* Communicates information to the Store Manager/Regional Manager so that the store team can respond as necessary to create a quality customer environment.
* Prepares quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
* Thoroughly follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products. Maintains a clean environment for food preparation.
* Acts as subject matter expert for preparation of food and beverages.
* Ensure general store operational standards are achieved through daily activities (shipping / receiving, inventory, housekeeping, compliance with Health Department regulations etc.). Execute promotions and sales, ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends -- tracking and meeting sales plans, increasing average sale per customer, and driving transaction counts. Analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
* Satisfy audit/compliance process as required by Starbucks.
* Ensures merchandise is managed in accordance with Starbucks company policies and management directives. Execute Starbucks promotions and standards.
* Builds key partnerships with store management and campus and community organizations for promotional opportunities, special events, and off-site sales opportunities.
* Initiates activities to adhere to established guidelines and promotional programs.
* Develop strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results -- monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure team member development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
To apply please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
* 3-5 years of experience
* High School Degree or equivalent
* Ability to safely operate food service equipment as necessary
* Ability to stand for up to two or more hours at any given time.
* Ability to safely operate coffee equipment as necessary
* Previous experience in a coffee shop, food service, café environment not required but preferred
* Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions
* Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
* Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
* Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
* Effective communication skills-- clear, concise and positive.
* Computer literacy desired
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled