- Responsible for performing start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Completes all required documentation and routes to appropriate manager/supervisor.
- Interfaces with customers and clients, internal managers and vendors.
- Works under limited supervision, makes decisions based on expertise, knowledge and coordination with internal management.
- Follows fairly well defined procedures, but has the authority to deviate from them if the technical situation warrants.
- Trains and provides guidance to Start-Up Technicians with less experience to improve their skill set.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Performs start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems. Checks newly installed equipment for operation I/A/W engineering or factory specifications. Ensures all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code. Works directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment.
- Interprets drawings, identifies errors/omissions and advises the appropriate supervisor.
- Explains the work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Trains and provides guidance to Start-Up Technicians with less experience to improve their skill sets. Performs or assists with owner’s training and functional testing with Commissioning Agent.
- Disassembles and reassembles commercial mechanical and plumbing equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance as needed. Ensures newly installed equipment is level and aligned.
- Diagnoses HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup as required per plans and specifications.
- Maintains continuous status report on work completed.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements. Maintains vehicle, equipment and tools.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Start up Technician.
- Experience working with VRF Systems – Daiken, Mitsubishi, or LG
- EPA Certification is required.
- Must maintain on-going required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills with good written and oral communications capability.
- Performs as a self-managed individual.
- Coaching and mentoring skillsAbility to understand budget activity per job.
- Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field is preferred. Craft training is preferred.
- VFD, VRF, OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid, and Factory Authorized certifications are preferred.