Assure that guests have enjoyable round of golf, that all groups do their best to keep pace with the group in front, and that all players observe good golf etiquette and obey the rules set forth for play.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to…
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
- Adhere to, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and policies and procedures.
- Provide guests with supplies (tees, scorecards, or divot repair tools) as needed.
- Enforce the rules of play with diplomacy and ensure proper etiquette is being employed.
- Inform guests of the emergency warning system in case of inclement weather.
- Assist with outside services with daily cart staging, practice range set up, guest service amenities and daily golf cart storage as directed by management.
- Have knowledge of the course so you may be able to answer questions and give accurate directions.
- Monitor guests to maintain speed of play on the golf course, noting the times of start, cart numbers, and providing suggestions to improve speed of play.
- Maintain good communication with management, notifying them of any potential problems with slow play.
- Advise management of potential maintenance problems pertaining to bad areas that need to be addressed by crew. Maintaining cleanliness on the course, assisting maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
18 years of age or above
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is required.
Must possess a valid Driver’s License and good driving record – one or less moving violation within a 12 month period.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least forty (40) pounds, and standing/walking 100% of the shift. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, reach, twist, and grip throughout shift. Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, as well as extreme cold and heat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.