Grand Canyon University’s department of Accreditation and State Compliance is seeking a full time State Compliance Administrator. This position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with state regulations, accreditation standards, and programmatic licensure requirements.
The State Compliance Administrator reports to the State Compliance Manager. The State Compliance Administrator will serve as the point of contact to state regulatory entities and as the subject matter expert on selected, relevant state regulations. In addition, the Administrator will assist the colleges and University in maintaining compliance with programmatic and regional accrediting standards.
Salary: $53,000.00 annually
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to designated state agencies
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on the relevant regulations in assigned states
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on business objectives
- Conducts research of state requirements for University programs intended to lead to licensure and certification and responds to internal inquiries related to student and enrollment issues.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives
- Ensures timely and accurate applications, documents, and reports to meet the requirements of accrediting bodies and state regulatory agencies
- Executes the licensing processes for programs and recruitment staff, which includes, but is not limited to: researching, documenting and updating licensing requirements for assigned states to ensure organizational compliance with all licensing obligations
- Analyzes and interprets regulations, policy and guidance related to licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners
- Identifies areas of risk and proposes corrective action plans
- Researches, gathers, and helps interpret federal and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state boards of nursing, state departments of education, state counseling boards, and state authorization agency regulations
- Prepares, analyzes, audits, and submits data required to meet regulatory obligations
- Collaborates with department heads and internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the organization
- Maintains record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations
- Assists College Deans, Program Directors, and University staff with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations
- Provides research and information for University programs that may lead to licensure and certification and responds to inquiries for planning and enrollment purposes
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to credentialing
- Monitors and revises language for the University’s student-facing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree highly preferred
- 3 – 5 years working in a highly regulated industry or equivalent experience
- Subject-matter expertise in postsecondary regulation highly preferred (i.e. state licensing requirements, accreditation, teacher certification, nursing licensure)
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams
- Demonstrable record of ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience.
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Evidence of being self-directed, ability to work under little supervision
- Evidence of good critical thinking, judgment and problem solving
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex information to regulators and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.