Family Preservation Services of North Carolina (“FPS of North Carolina”), a subsidiary of Pathways, offers an array of community, home and school based services designed to respond to identified state and local needs. COA nationally accredits FPS of North Carolina.The State Clinical and Training Director, under the supervision of the State Director, is responsible for the oversight and development of all clinical and training operations associated with the provision of MH/DD/SA services.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write and deliver effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Planning organizing and directing clinical and program activities.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating program and client goals and objectives.
- Training, coordinating and evaluating the work of direct care and support staff.
- Individual, family, and group counseling techniques.
- Planning, coordinating and implementing treatment services to identified clientele, cognizant of cultural, ethnic and environmental differences.
- Developing and implementing appropriate parenting and life skills, behavior management strategies.
- Observing, identifying and screening for medical and psychological problems; responding in appropriate professional manner.
- Crisis intervention with family members, including implementation of plan of safety; mandated reporting.
- Expanded principles of psychology, social work, juvenile justice, and other social sciences
- Family Systems approach to treatment
- Child and Adolescent development/needs/behavior
- Crisis planning, response, and prevention.
- Needs Assessment techniques and strategies
- Symptoms and effects of physical, emotional, sexual abuse and neglect
- Substance use, its indicators, effects, treatment
- Parenting skills and behavior management techniques
- Community resources and services
- Cultural diversity and value systems
- Child welfare laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Person-Centered Thinking and Planning, System of Care Principles, Child and Family Team Processes, Recovery Attitudes & Approaches, Solution-Focused Brief Treatment, Trauma-Informed Care
- Medicaid & health plan rules and regulations
- Evidence-based practice models and interventions
- Fidelity scales and measurement methods
- Standardized assessments and measures
- HEDIS and other outcome measures
- Outcome-based and/or pay-for-performance reimbursement models
- Population health strategies
- Chronic disease management strategies
- Integrated care
- This position requires travel of approximately 25% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling
- 5 or more years of experience in diagnosing, treating and evaluating the effectiveness of treatment of MH/DD/SU populations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Full licensure under a North Carolina governing board regulating a human service profession
FPS is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401 K Match 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
FPS or any its subsidiaries does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.