JOB SUMMARY: This full-time position works as part of the Grant Aviation management team to ensure that our stations operate efficiently and safely. Our Station Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations that include the safe operations of aircraft and other related equipment; accurate, timely, and efficient operations of flight schedules; and safe and reliable movement of passengers and cargo. Duties include oversight of aircraft dispatch, US Mail processing, passenger reservations, check-in, manifests, and various billing and accounting requirements. Our Station Managers are responsible for positive customer interactions as a representative of the company in the communities we serve throughout Alaska: Bethel, Emmonak, Dillingham, King Salmon, Cold Bay, Dutch Harbor, Kenai and Anchorage, working on a rotating shift schedule, i.e. two (2) weeks-on two (2) weeks-off or one (1) month-on one (1) month-off.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
The Station Manager reports to the VP of Stations.
Ensure safe operations for all aspects of the station.
Oversee and manage flight schedules, routings, passenger and freight loading, and reservation operations.
Maintain staffing levels to perform all required tasks efficiently and safely.
Oversee accounting, dispatch, and safety reporting activities.
Manage daily operations of stations, including opening, closing, basic maintenance, and equipment accountability.
Coordinate with corporate management for aircraft movements, maintenance, and other requirements.
Manage company property, such as housing and ground equipment.
Interface with local communities and serviced villages for business opportunities and special events.
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Knowledge of Grant Operations Manual.
• Knowledge of safe operations of all station aspects.
• Knowledge of USPS regulations for handling of US Mail.
• Knowledge of logistics and/or flight operations.
• Knowledge of Flight Schedules and other instructions pertinent to assigned duties.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office with ability to learn and master new computer programs.
• Skill in assessing compliance risk; interpreting and applying applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and professional practice standards for FAA regulations.
• Skill in presenting to, advising and educating executive leadership and boards of directors.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships and collaborative working relationships with individuals with wide array of cultural, political, educational, socio-economic, geographic and linguistic backgrounds.
• Skill in written and oral communication.
• Skill in assessing complex situations and prioritizing multiple projects and demands.
• Skill in educating and training individuals with wide range of cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds.
• Skill in analyzing, evaluating operational implications of regulations and standards and translating into clear policies and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
An Associate Degree in Business, Economics or Rural Development. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-supervisory – Two (2) years professional work experience in aviation. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Supervisory – Five (5) years involving employee supervision.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Training or experience in rural Alaskan stations is highly preferred.
Travels frequently within Alaska in small fixed wing aircraft.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift approximately 70 pounds.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.