EFFECTIVE: 2020-2021 School Year
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Teacher
NATURE OF WORK:
The position is a ten-month secondary teaching position that is scheduled to be 190 day teacher contract.
- Organize, plan, and provide enriched instruction to students in writing, science, and mathematics;
- Complete individual and group assessments to identify students’ areas of strength and needs;
- Work collaboratively with other STEM teachers, STEM Coordinator, and grade level Professional Learning Communities within the assigned school;
- Work collaboratively with community partners and field experiences outside the assigned school day; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide ongoing assessments to make instructional decisions that meet the needs of students in such a specialized program;
- Integrate and enrich the process of writing for highly able students;
- Organize, plan, and implement integrated instruction to meet the needs of students in a specialized program;
- Implement technology and engineering projects to synthesize concepts learned; and
- Differentiate instruction to meet a variety of learning abilities and styles.
- Possess a professional certificate in secondary education and meet the standards for ‘Highly Qualified’ teacher;
- Demonstrate strong ability to assess, plan, and implement highly effective instruction in science and mathematics;
- Recent teaching experience in engineering and or physics;
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate instruction based on student abilities and interests;
- Provides leadership qualities to school and learning environment; and
- Ability to relate well to students, colleagues, parents/guardians, and the school community.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this EXEMPT position will be based on EASMC salary schedule (#1) for ten-month employees.
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC