*Sign-On / Relocation Bonus available*
Lexington Medical Center is hiring a Sterile Processing Manager for our growing hospital. Lexington Medical Center opened in 1971 as the first area hospital with satellite health facilities and we are currently undergoing the largest hospital expansion in South Carolina history! Sterile Processing will be a part of this growth; serving as integral members and providing essential service to the surgical team of Lexington Medical Center.
The Sterile Processing Manager will oversee all management and coordination of the department and process/procedures of all sterile aspects of our health system; including fiscal resource management, employee relations/retention, process improvements and quality of services and supporting of internal clients. As the third largest employer in the Columbia area, we invite you to join our team!
- Supervise the operation of the Sterile Processing Department and ensure sterilization processes meet all Federal, State, and local regulatory/advisory agency requirements
- Uses root cause analysis to problem solve and identify process issues following up to assure problem resolution has occurred
- Develop, implement and facilitate procedures to ensure the availability of supplies and equipment for the Operating Room inventory and the case cart system
- Acts as resource for affiliate and satellite facilities in instrument selection, processing, and helps to standardize sterilization processes at office locations
- Promotes staff education, certification, and the development of safe sterilization practices under the guides of the national certifying agencies
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred
· Three years' experience in aseptic techniques and sterilization processes
· Experience with supply chain management preferred
· Operating Room experience is preferred
· Sterile Processing certification preferred. Must be able to obtain Sterile Processing certification within the first 12 months upon accepting the job role
· Two years of progressive leadership experience with managing staff and department operations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of infection control practices, Operating Room procedures, and materials/supply handling
· Creative thinking, problem solving and analytical abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Thorough knowledge of supplies, instruments and equipment used in Operating Room, Labor and Delivery, Emergency Room, Critical Care and specialty units
· Experience with automated case cart processes and electronic instrument systems
· Computer skills which include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Customer focused and committed to continuous quality improvement
· Ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a manner mutually agreeable to all parties
LMC is committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for its employees and their families and offers:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
· Tuition reimbursement
· Student loan forgiveness
Our mission is the same as it was when we opened our doors in 1971: to provide quality health services that meet the needs of our community. We believe that commitment to the health of our community really makes a difference -- and we show it every day.